Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Glorious Sun

Now that summer has found us here in California, I can finally retire my dryer for a bit.  Winter made me forget how great it feels to place each clean diaper out on the line and look at all my pretties in a row.  Ok, now I've gone off the deep end :)
Using the sun is so good for your diapers.  It gets rid of stains, saves energy, dries super quick, kills any bacteria or yeast, in other words it does it all!  It's also good to dry any diapers with PUL out on the line than in the dryer.  They will last longer.  I always hang dry my BG's and Kawaii's anyways.  All natural diapers like fitteds are ok for the dryer, but it takes forever to dry.  Hanging outside everything is dried in no time.
The one thing I notice is with fitteds they get crunchy when I line dry.  I started adding some Ecover fabric softener and it seems to have done the trick.  You have to be careful that you use CD safe fabric cleaners.  Another good one is Mrs. Meyers.
So get out there.  Hang those beautiful diapers and give your hardworking dryer a rest :)
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment